Thursday, June 9, 2011

His Holiness The Dalai Lama arrives in Melbourne

HH Dalai Lama arrives in Melb (110610) by CherriiPOP


The Dalai Lama arrived in Melbourne today. Interestingly, my friend went to the airport to pick up a friend and she saw the Dalai Lama there. I’m quite envious of her because I would love to meet the Dalai Lama.

One of my favourite books is ‘The art of happiness’. The book is very fascinating. I read it when I need to put things in perspective. The book is a blend of Buddhism and science.

In the book the Dalai Lama says that our purpose in life is to be happy. Happiness is a feeling of deep satisfaction. The benefits of being happy include better health, a better immune system. It’s hard to summarise the book in a few minutes. I highly recommend this book to everyone - it is a life changing book.

Last year during the Dalai Lama’s Melbourne visit, he granted Hamish and Andy an interview. This year the Dalai Lama granted Dave Hughes from the 7pm project an interview. It was very funny. The Dalai Lama has a brilliant sense of humor. Hughesy asked the Dalai Lama to bless his football team to win the footy final. The Dalai Lama said yes I will bless the team but there is no guarantee.

The Dalai Lama is here in Australia for a series of teachings and talks. If you would like to attend, you can visit his website www.dalailama.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment