Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cmovie Review: Mr & Mrs Incredible (2011)



In this Hong Kong superhero flick, Louis Koo and Sandra Ng play two retired superheroes living in a small village as normal civilians. None of the villagers know of their crime fighting past, and they work hard to hide their superpowers. It's been 10 years since they retired and sometimes they miss their glory days.

Now Mr and Mrs Flint are starting to feel a bit bored with their ordinary lives. Interesting events unfold, causing the couple to think about coming out of retirement.

I didn't know what to expect when I watched this film. From memory I haven't watched a Hong Kong superhero before (It's always been action, crime, romcom). It's always good to watch a movie without expectations and be open to wherever the movie takes you.

This is a very funny film, Louis and Sandra are equally funny, they have great comic timing and chemistry. They both played the characters so well that I can't imagine anyone else in the role. I really enjoyed watching them on screen and banter each other.

There isn't a lot of action or violence in this film compared to Batman, Spiderman. This is more of a comedy, an exploration in to the lives of retired superheroes. I felt the villains could have been introduced earlier in the movie to create more suspense. Also, the film was too neat for my liking, I would have liked to see the heroes sweat it out a bit more.

Overall, this is a fun and enjoyable film.

3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment